Mobile Menu - OpenMobile Menu - Closed

Agency Help

How can we help?

One of Congressmember Judy Chu’s top priorities is to make government work for residents of the 27th Congressional District. Our casework team is ready to assist constituents who need help with individual problems as they relate to the federal government. We will make every effort to help you receive an answer in a timely fashion and help you get the information you are requesting. Although we cannot override the decisions made by a federal agency, we can often intervene on a person's behalf to answer questions, find solutions, or just ensure you receive a fair and timely response to your problem.

To receive assistance from our office, you must first submit a Privacy Release Form including a detailed explanation of the nature of your concerns. Once the form is received, a caseworker will be assigned to your case and will keep you apprised of the progress.

Where we cannot intervene:

Because of the Constitutional separation of powers between the three branches of government, judicial matters (matters which involve the court system) do not fall under the jurisdiction of a Member of Congress. Examples of judicial matters are:

  • Child custody
  • Divorce
  • Civil/Criminal trials
  • Pardons/records expungement

Issues related to California Agencies are not under the jurisdiction of a Member of the U.S. Congress. Please contact your local State Senator or State Assembly Member for assistance.  If you are unsure of who represents you in the California State Legislature, please visit